Club History

Timeline of Our History
Responding to the Needs of Children for Over 100 Years!


 (old facility at 257 Washington Street)

Fun Fact: In 1974, Binghamton created the FIRST combined Boys and Girls Club in the United States!!!

History - Boys Club

1904  Boys Club founded, located at 197 Henry Street

1919  Incorporated by New York State as non-profit organization

1920  Moved to State and Hawley Street

1938  Moved to site at 257 Washington Street

1953  Camp Sertoma established as summer day camp in Kirkwood

1958  Existing gym and swimming pool were added

History - Girls Club

1921  Incorporated in Binghamton, located on Frederick Street

History - Combined "Boys and Girls Clubs of Binghamton"

1974  Boys and Girls Club merge - first in nation 

1987  Satellite unit in Saratoga Terrace housing project on Binghamton's South side, the first venture of its kind in the country

2001  Satellite unit at Carlisle Apartments on Binghamton's East side

2003  Camp Sertoma adds overnight camp to day camp service

2005  Century Capital Campaign launched to move to new facility on Clinton Street

2009  Moved to present site at 90 Clinton Street